boutique SKIING AND YOGA RETREATS In The french alps
Very Limited Remaining Availability
We're back for a 5th Season of much-loved Soulshine Snow Yoga Adventures!
Invigorate your mind, body and soul with an unforgettable week of skiing, snowboarding, Yoga, meditation, breathtaking scenery, log fires, hot-tubs, massages, delicious meals, hot chocolates, homemade cakes, new friends and snow, snow, snow on a Soulshine Snow Yoga Adventure.
Wowzers, we just launched our Snow Retreats and sold out all Early-Birds in minutes and now have just a few spots remaining across the whole season! Interested in joining the Soulshine Snowgi Gang? Book now to hold your spot...
JUST THREE RETREATS - DON'T MISS OUT
With just three retreats, places are extremely limited for 2018
Voted 'Top 50 French Breaks’ by the Times Travel & recommended in...
The perfect place to…let your soul shine
Invigorate your mind, body and soul with an unforgettable week in the Alps. From our years of experience running exceptional Mountain retreats, we’ve put together an experience jam-packed with loveliness to encourage you to leave the hubbub of daily life behind.
Our deliciously holistic week of Yoga, meditation and snow sports will help you relax and enjoy your time in the mountains to the max. Expect fun-filled days on the slopes, Yoga and meditation to soothe the muscles and mind, delicious cuisine, hot tubs, gorgeous views, log fires and laughter with like-minded souls.
Soulshine Snow Yoga Retreats provide the ultimate opportunity to pause from the crazy pace of daily life, rediscover your true nature and let your soul shine.
Our Soulshine Skiing, Snowboarding and Yoga Package
In order to provide the perfect adventure for you, we've created a package that includes all of the following...
- 7 nights accommodation in rural tranquillity at our chic & boutique traditional Chalet Giri
- Daily 60-minute Morning Yoga session to awaken the body and mind for a day on the slopes
- Daily 75-minute Relaxing Yin Yoga and Meditation evening session in front of a log fire to unwind and stretch out the body, avoiding any aches and pains and staying supple and strong on the slopes as well as deeply relaxed
- A 30-minute included pampering massage treatment to ease the body and soothe the soul
- A Meditation Session in our outdoor Tipi surrounded by nature
- 5 yummy healthy morning juices to get you set up for a day on the mountains
- 6 mornings of delicious continental breakfast with a healthy twist
- 6 nights of gourmet 3-4 course Vegetarian meals with selected wines (with one free night to explore the village)
- Homemade cakes with tea every afternoon
- A private hot-tub
- Complimentary transfer from Geneva Airport to our Soulshine chalet*
- Concierge organisation of ski passes, on-site ski/snowboarding equipment hire and classes
- All Yoga equipment
- Daily morning and evening shuttle service to and from the resort (10 minute drive to La Rosière)
- Gorgeously small groups of under 12 students for maximum attention both on and off the Yoga mat
- An onsite Soulshine Team to look after your every need. You’ll feel totally pampered and looked after!
Check out this Soulshine film from previous years to get a sneaky-peak of our much-loved Soulshine Snow Yoga Adventure…
YOUR WELLNESS EXPERIENCE
The perfect place to...breathe deep
We’d so love for you to join us no matter your level of Yoga, skiing or snowboarding. Our retreats are small (under twelve guests), so we have plenty of time to give you oodles of personal attention and provide a bespoke experience to suit your personal needs.
Our highly experienced and passionate Yoga teachers will guide you on a deep journey of the mind, body and soul. We’ll make sure everyone is gently challenged with adaptations and options whether you are beginner or experienced yogini.
We greet the day with a dynamic Vinyasa flow session to warm up the muscles and awaken our minds for a day on the slopes. When we return to the chalet we treat those well-worked muscles to a mindful practice of healing Yin and Restorative Yoga in front of the log fire. We find these restorative poses help minimise those morning aches, so familiar after a day on the slopes (be gone heavy morning legs!). The evening practice incorporates deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra and guided meditations for a truly soul-soothing experience.
BEGINNERS: You are so welcome and we really encourage Beginners to join. We provide different levels and options in each class to keep everyone gently challenged and constantly learning. It’s a fantastic way to build a strong foundation if you are new to the practices of Yoga – so you can continue practicing on your return home.
Massages and Pampering
Included in your holistic package is a 30-minute deliciously pampering massage. The perfect treat for those muscles after a day on the slopes!
CHALET GIRI - OUR LUXURY NEW HOME FOR 2018
The perfect place to…enjoy chalet life
As with all Soulshine Retreats, we want to provide maximum pampering and care in the most gorgeous surroundings. That's why we’ve handpicked the beautifully traditional Chalet Giri in La Rosière as our brand new Soulshine Alpine home. Set in rural tranquility, perched on the cliff overlooking the beautiful Tarantaise valley and with gorgeous views and boutique standards, Chalet Giri is just perfect for indulging in some serious relaxation.
A luxury family home, Chalet Giri has been transformed into a boutique residence offering stunning art, antique collections and attention to detail throughout. From sumptuous bedlinen to luxurious organic bathroom products, an eclectic library to practice Yoga, a Meditation Tipi in nature and even a Grand Piano you can really feel how the owners of this much-loved home have poured their hearts and souls into creating a luxurious chalet that is quirky, artistic, individual and the perfect mountain escape.
What to expect at Chalet Giri
- 6 sumptuous bedrooms with daily housekeeping
- Stunning Yoga space for our twice daily practice
- Hot-Tub overlooking the mountains and valley
- Fire-pit for star-gazing
- Meditation Tipi for a group practice
- Dedicated pampering Massage Room
- Gorgeous shared living spaces jam-packed with character and style
- Delicious mountain-inspired organic & luxurious toiletries
- Abundant log-fires (including for our evening Yoga practice)
- Surrounded by nature and just 10 minutes drive into resort
We have carefully chosen this chalet for our Yoga retreat experience as it provides the perfect space to unwind and relax away from the hubbub of the world, allowing you to take the time to truly engage with your surroundings and the stunning nature of the Alps. Our aim is to provide you with the time and space to totally relax so that you can let go of any worries and stresses and have a relaxing, restorative and fabulously fun break, whilst being totally spoilt by our dedicated chalet team in gorgeous surroundings.
With daily house-keeping, sumptuous linen, organic bath products and a meticulous attention to luxurious detail, your Chalet Giri experience is guaranteed to provide high levels of comfort and pampering. We have six rooms for you to pick from during your Soulshine stay...
- Cerf - Master double room, small balcony + ensuite
- Le Loup - Double room + ensuite
- Aigle - Twin room with balcony + ensuite
- Sanglier - Twin room + ensuite
- Hibou - Twin room + external private bathroom
- Chamois - Twin room + shared bathroom
Travelling Solo? Never fear, the vast majority of our guests are solo travellers. We're so proud that we seem to attract just the loveliest people and have seen many a beautiful friendship flourish on retreat.
Get in touch with our Bookings Team for the detailed lowdown on each of the room options available...
DELICIOUS ALPINE CUISINE
The perfect opportunity for...healthy indulgence
Working with Chalet Giri, we’ve devised a menu that includes hearty vegetarian Alpine fare with a healthy twist of wholesome ingredients to balance out the temptations of the traditional French and Italian cuisine that you’ll be able to feast on during your days on the slopes!
Breakfast includes cleansing fresh juices and smoothies, a continental spread and hot options. After a hard day on the slopes we make sure you’re treated to lovely homemade healthy treats and tea to boost your energy levels. Dinner is a feast of deliciously filling, freshly prepared Vegetarian home cooking served with selected local wines. On one night you’ll also have the chance to try out our favourite local restaurant in resort (not included). Our team are pretty amazing at accommodating dietary requirements so do let us know your needs and we’ll do our best!
YOUR DAILY SNOWGI SCHEDULE
The following is a guide to our schedule during your 7-night retreat:
- 7:00 - 60-minute Dynamic Vinyasa Flow class to warm up our bodies and minds and get us raring to go for a fantastically fun-filled day
- 8:15 - Delicious breakfast to stoke our energy for the day ahead on the slopes
- 8:45 - First run to the ski lift for the early birds keen to get on the mountain & for Ski School
- 9:30 - Second run to the ski lift for those running on a slightly more relaxed pace!
- 9:30-17:00 - Fun times on the slopes
- 15:30 & 16:30 - Collection from the ski lift to return to the chalet
- 17:00-18:30 - Time to relax, unwind, perhaps grab a cheeky massage and enjoy some homemade cakes and tea
- 18:30-19:45 - 75-minute restorative Yoga session to unwind the body and mind
- 20:00 - Time for our wholesome and delicious Vegetarian evening dinner feast in the company of old and new friends
JUST THREE RETREATS - DON'T MISS OUT
With just three retreats, places are extremely limited for 2018
SKI & SNOWBOARD LA ROSIERE, FRENCH ALPS
The perfect place to...play in the mountains
Although our days start and end with Yoga, the daytime is all about snow. La Rosière is a charming alpine resort at an altitude of 1,850m with a wide variety of runs. It also enjoys heavy snowfall and lasting conditions but do expect lots of sunshine because with its south facing locations, La Rosière is an especially sunny resort! Our season runs through March and we’ve teamed up with reputable ski school ESF and a local equipment provider to make sure your snow experience is top notch.
Our chalet team provide private transfers to the slopes, which are just 10 minutes away and on-site facilities include ski hire and fitting, so it’s completely hassle-free. If you are travelling alone or not sure you can keep up then please don’t worry, the group tends to meet for lunch or hot chocolate stops throughout the day. And if you want to brush up those skills with a few lessons just let us know and we can arrange those too. Whether you are looking for gentle runs, exploring the region, off-piste adventures or heli-skiing we can help arrange it all. The following guide demonstrates the full range of runs available, no matter what your level:
- Beginners: Complete beginners will soon make quick progress on the green runs by the Clarines and Lievre Blanc lifts. The wide open blue pistes just above La Rosière are then perfect for finding your feet and getting to grips with the turns, especially under the guidance of the expert local ski school. This is a fantastic beginners resort!
- Intermediates: This international ski area is ideal for intermediates that wish to clock up some mileage. Ski up to the Petit Saint Bérnard Pass and the area around La Belvedere where there are some great blue and red runs. Take the Nouva and San Bernardo runs, a total of 11kms, down to the village of La Thuile for a pasta lunch in Italy before returning via the Belvedere chairlift, back to France.
- Advanced: There are a total of 12 black runs in the international ski area as well as a fully patrolled off piste snowzone for experienced skiers and boarders. On the Italian side it is also possible to do heli-skiing (usually January to April) on the Ruitor glacier or the Miravidi for any skier who relishes a challenge.
The perfect place...to be utterly looked after
Our aim at Soulshine HQ is to spoil you absolutely rotten! That’s why you will have a dedicated Soulshine Team to ensure that every stage from booking enquiry to the organisation of ski classes, purchasing of ski passes and arranging equipment is totally hassle-free. During your retreat you can expect to be utterly cared for by our specialist on-site Soulshine host, who will ensure the smoothest running of your retreat. That’s in addition to the on-site chalet team who will be keeping your Soulshine home for the week in tip-top condition and preparing a stream of delicious meals to keep bellies happy! As anyone who has experienced Soulshine knows, as a team we have one intention, and that is to wrap each and every guest up in as much love as possible. And we believe that this is why our much-loved Soulshine guests return again and again each year.
Head on over to our bookings page to find your perfect Soulshine spot right away. Fingers crossed we'll be seeing you some place snowy very soon!
We're so proud of what our lovely Soulshiner 'Snowgis' have to say about their experience...
Frequently Asked Questions
You don’t need to travel with a friend to benefit from the room-sharing prices, as the vast majority of our guests are independent travellers and choose to share with a like-minded Soulshiner (same gender of course). We are very happy and proud to say that we attract the loveliest people and have seen many a friendship grow and flourish on our Soulshine Retreats.
Don't fancy sharing?
Never fear, please get in touch with our bookings team to discuss solo occupancy options.
Our season runs through March 2018 and we’ve teamed up with a fantastic Chalet company to make sure your snow experiences are top notch. All our retreats are Sunday to Sunday and we offer a hassle-free transfers* service from Geneva airport.
IMPORTANT: Please note, in order to benefit from the included airport transfer, you will need to arrive and depart between specific times. As a guide:
ARRIVALS: Guests to land at Geneva Airport by 12pm on the Sunday. Ready to leave Geneva Airport by 12:45pm
DEPARTURES: Departure flights from 1pm from Geneva Airport on the Sunday. Arriving at Geeneva Airport by 11am / leaving resort at 7am / 7:30am (snow conditions dependant)
All levels welcome?
Beginner on the slopes or yoga mat? Never fear, you are so welcome. Our Yoga classes are welcome to all levels so we will always offer options to keep everything nurtured and challenged. And La Rosiere is a fantastic spot to begin your snow adventures, be it skiing or snowboarding. Don’t let being a beginner put you off as it’s the perfect opportunity to set the foundations for a practice both on the yoga mat and on the slopes – all within a fabulously fun environment.
2018 will be our fifth year running skiing and yoga holidays in France. We're proud to be the only established and first snow yoga season centre. See our photos gallery below...
Latest photos by the amazing Mar Photography.